Lee Child has three new books coming out in August – The Affair in paperback on the 16th August, the new brilliant novel A Wanted Man on the 30th August followed by the Tom Cruise film hitting cinemas at Christmas – Jack Reacher and Lee Child are really going for it this year!
As I’m sure you can imagine, all of this is keeping Lee very busy over the next few months, but luckily for us he’s agreed to spare an afternoon to meet some of our readers!
Yes, the man himself has offered to take you and a friend for a drink – and it doesn’t have to be a coffee as Reacher would have! The venue will be the impressive American Bar at the Savoy Hotel in London, between 5:30pm and 6:30pm on the 4th September 2012. As a memento of the occasion Lee will also give you a signed copy of A Wanted Man.
To enter, simply leave us a comment and tell us which is your favourite Lee Child novel and why, using no more than 150 words. The winning answer will be the one which the judges deem the most persuasive!
We’re out to find Jack Reacher’s biggest fans so give it your best shot!
We’re standing by and can’t wait to read your answers!
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. By entering this competition, you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions. All entry instructions form part of the terms & conditions of this competition.
2. This competition is open to anyone aged 18 or over who is a resident of the UK or the Republic of Ireland, except for employees of The Random House Group Limited (promoter), its subsidiary companies, their families and any other company connected with the competition.
3. The closing date is midnight on the 10/8/12. Entries that are illegible or received after the closing date will not be considered. The promoter is not responsible for entries delayed or lost in the post. Proof of postage is not proof of receipt.
4. The prize is a one-hour-long afternoon drink with author Lee Child for the winner and one guest of their choosing. The drinks will be held at the American Bar of the Savoy Hotel in London. The prize does not include travel to the hotel or insurance for the trip (the prize). The prize must be taken on 4th September 2012 between 5.30pm and 6.30pm. In the event that the Winner cannot make the selected date and time, no alternative will be provided and Tesco and The Random House Group Limited reserve the right to offer the prize to a substitute winner. No cash alternative will be offered and no substitute prize will be provided to the original winner.
5. Events may occur which render the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the promoter and the promoter may, at its absolute discretion, vary, amend or suspend with or without notice.
6. The competition will be judged by the promoter within 2 working days of the closing date (i.e. by the 14/8/12) and the winner will be notified by email within 3 working days of the closing date (i.e. by the 15/8/12).
7. The winner agrees to the promoter’s use of their name, town of residence and photograph in relation to the promoter’s publicity material.
8. The promoter will use your personal information only for the purposes of this competition. Your personal details will not be kept on file by the promoter and will not be passed on to any third parties.
9. The winner’s name will be available on the Tesco Book Blog on the 17/8/2012 .
10. No purchase necessary to enter the competition.
11. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the competition.
12. These terms and conditions are subject to English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
13. The promoter’s contact details are: The Random House Group Limited, 20 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London SW1V 2SA.