No.1 bestselling author Josephine Cox has over forty books to her name and has long been hailed by critics as ‘The Queen of the Family Epic’. Famous for her tales of triumph and tragedy, she holds a special place in many of her readers’ hearts, and her latest book, The Broken Man, promises to be her best yet.
The Broken Man tells the story of young Adam Carter, an only child who suffers under his father’s reign of terror. His mother too cowed to protect him, Adam’s only hope is in the shape of Phil Wallis, the school bus driver. But when Phil accompanies Adam along the darkening woodland lane to his house, little does he know that a terrible tragedy is unfolding, one that will bind them together forever.
To celebrate the publication of The Broken Man, we are offering one lucky winner and a guest of their choice the chance to meet Jo and hear all of her stories for themselves over high tea in the Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon at Fortnum and Mason. To enter, simply answer the following question:
Who is your favourite Jo Cox character and why?
Buy The Broken Man by Josephine Cox in store from 31st January for just £7.50!
Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is for one winner and their chosen guest to have high tea in the Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon at Fortnum and Mason, London. Travel expenses up to £100 included.
2. The Winner will be selected at random from the entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions by Tesco whose decision will be final.
3. There is no purchase necessary to enter.
4. The competition opens at 12pm Midday BST on 30th January 2013 and closes at 11.59 on Monday 4th March 2013 . Any entries received outside these specified times and dates will not be eligible for entry into the competition.
5. The competition is open to any UK residents except employees of Tesco or their families, or anyone professionally connected to the competition either themselves or through their families.
6. Only one entry per person allowed. Second or subsequent entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted via agents, third parties or in bulk.
7. Tesco is not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
8. Tesco reserves the right to alter the prizes or cancel the competition without notice. No cash alternatives to prizes will be provided.
9. The Winner will be published on the Tesco Books Blog within 10 working days of the closing date.
11. By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
12. This competition is being organised by Tesco.