Hi Tesco Book Blog readers!
My first book, Essex Girls, is out this month and I wanted to share a bit about it with you…
Jade did everything she could to fit in at university and make boyfriend Tom happy – toned down her tan, gave up her favourite fake lashes and retired her curling tongs. But something wasn’t right.
When Jade finds Tom’s been cheating she heads home with a broken heart: to Essex. Reunited with her best mates Kelly and Lisa, even a night out at The Sugar Hut isn’t enough to put a smile back on her face. So they hatch a plan to get away from it all, to a place so reem it’s unreal – Marbella. Sun, sea, men, vajazzles: what could possibly go wrong?
I’m so excited – not just to see my book hit the shelves in Tesco, but to be having my very own reem launch party too! The three characters from my novel, Jade, Kelly and Lisa are true Essex girls and this would be just the sort of night out they love – get the fake lashes on, some really high heels and dance the night away after a drink or two…
The party’s going to be held at The Brickyard in Essex on 29th January, where they film lots of scenes for TOWIE and we’ve even got some of the biggest TOWIE stars on the guest list! I’d love for you to be there and join in the fun, so I’m giving away a pair of tickets to my launch party as well as a copy of my book to 10 runner-ups.
All you have to do to be in with a chance of winning is answer this question in the comments box below and I’m going to be picking my favourites. Please make sure you are available and able to travel to Essex on 29th January and good luck!
What’s your favourite memory of a big night out?
Get your hands on a copy of Essex Girls in store from Thursday 31st January and receive a free W7 nail file, only at Tesco!
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is promoted by HarperCollins Publishers (“HarperCollins”), 77-85 Fulham Palace Road, London, W6 8JB.
2. This promotion is open to all UK residents except employees of HarperCollins (or their parent, subsidiaries or any affiliated companies) and their immediate families, who are not allowed to enter the competition.
3. To enter this promotion you must be 18 or over.
4. The winner of the competition will be selected by based on the following criteria: The best, in Laura Ziepe’s opinion, description of a favourite memory from a night out.
5. To enter the competition, write a description of your favourite memory from a night out in no more than 100 words in the comment box below the Essex Girls competition announcement on the Tesco blog http://booksblog.tesco.com/
6. Closing date for entries is midnight on Tuesday 22nd January. No entries received after this date will be accepted. No purchase necessary. Only one entry allowed per household.
7. Winners will be notified by email no later than Thursday 24th January.
8. 10 runners up will each receive a copy of Essex Girls.
9. The prize is as follows. First prize: A pair of tickets to the Essex Girls launch party at The Brickyard in Essex on Tuesday 29th January 2013. Meals and transfers to and from the party are not included.
10. The prize is non-refundable, non-transferable and subject to availability. No guarantee is given as to the quality of the prize.
11. No cash or prize alternatives are available.
12. HarperCollins reserve the right in their reasonable discretion to substitute any prize with a prize of equal or greater value.
13. All entrants retain copyright for their entry, by entering you give Avon Books a non-exclusive licence to use your entry for marketing and promotional purposes only.
14. Any application containing incorrect, false or unreadable information will be rejected. Any applications made on behalf of or for another person or multiple entries will not be included in the competition.
15. HarperCollins’ decision as to who has won the competition shall be final.
16. To obtain the name of the prize winner after the closing date, please write to Avon Publicity, HarperCollins Publishers, 77-85 Fulham Palace Road, Hammersmith, London, W6 8JB.
17. The entry instructions are part of the Terms and Conditions for this competition.
18. By entering the competition you are agreeing to accept these Terms and Conditions. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you will mean that your entry will not be valid, and you will not be allowed to enter this competition.
19. By entering this competition, you are agreeing that if you win your name and image may be used for the purpose of announcing the winner in any related publicity with HarperCollins, without additional payment or permission.
21. Under no circumstances will HarperCollins be responsible for any loss, damages, costs or expenses arising from or in any way connected with any errors, defects, interruptions, malfunctions or delays in the promotion of the competition or prize.
22. HarperCollins will not be responsible unless required by law, for any loss, changes, costs or expenses, which may arise in connection with this competition and HarperCollins can cancel or alter the competition at any stage.
23. Any dispute relating to the competition shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.