Treat your mum this Mother’s Day and take her to afternoon tea at The Hummingbird Bakery!
To celebrate the launch of The Hummingbird Bakery’s new cook book, Home Sweet Home, we’re offering one lucky winner and their guest the chance to enjoy afternoon tea at the Spitalfields bakery in London. Experience an afternoon of delicious American-style cakes, sweet bakes and desserts in the comfort of their Cakes by Consultation lounge.
Home Sweet Home is a brand new collection from the original, million-copy bestselling Hummingbird Bakery. This stunning new cook book celebrates classic home baking with inspirational recipes, including cupcakes, cakes, pies, loaves and even a sprinkling of savouries. Complete with fail-safe advice, Home Sweet Home helps you to achieve baking perfection in the comfort of your own kitchen.
For the chance to win this fantastic prize, all you have to do is answer this question in the comment section below…
What was your favourite cake that your mum used to bake for you?
Buy Home Sweet Home in store now for just £10!
Terms and Conditions
1. No purchase necessary. Only one entry per person allowed. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the closing date of 21 March 2013 at 11:59 PM. All entries shall become the property of The Hummingbird Bakery, and their directors, officers, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. Entrants must be aged 18 or over and residents of the UK or Ireland.
4. There will be one prize winner, who will win free afternoon tea for themselves and one guest at The Hummingbird Bakery in London. The prize will be fulfilled in 2013.
5. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
6. Subject to availability.
7. No cash alternative will be offered. The prize is non-transferable.
8. A random draw will take place on the morning of 22 March 2013 to select the winner. The prize winner will be notified by telephone/e-mail, and will need to respond by midnight 28 March, 2013 as to whether they are able to accept the prize. If a selected entrant does not meet all of the contract conditions, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
9. This competition is not open to employees of The Hummingbird Bakery, HarperCollins Publishers or their immediate families.
10. By entering the contest, entrants, consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes in all media carried out by The Hummingbird Bakery, without payment or compensation.
11. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
12. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
13. All entries become the property of The Hummingbird Bakery, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Tesco on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any web site, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The Hummingbird Bakery reserve the right, in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of The Hummingbird Bakery corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, The Hummingbird Bakery reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically MV reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
14. Entries must be submitted by the named entrant and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (eg ‘competition entry’ website/company) will be disqualified.
15. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions. By entering you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms.
17. HarperCollins Publishers and The Hummingbird Bakery has organised this prize draw in good faith and does not accept liability relating to the prize. Promoters: The Hummingbird Bakery and HarperCollins Publishers