I’ve always been of the opinion that a good cake is more than just a cake – it’s something to be proud of and something to share, and a good recipe is a legacy that you can pass on to new generations.
If you want to say a special thank you to your mum this Mother’s Day then I don’t think anything says it better than a cake that you’ve baked yourself. From timeless classics like coffee and walnut sponge to exciting new recipes like Iced Hidden Strawberry Cup Cakes, you’ll find lots of inspiration in my new book Delia’s Cakes. In the book, I share with you simple, delicious, tried and tested recipes that you can trust. Whether you’re a beginner or a more experienced cook, I hope you’ll all enjoy baking, sharing and eating these wonderful cakes.
But why not go a step further and really spoil your mum by recreating the type of afternoon tea you’d enjoy in a luxurious hotel? You mum and family will love the home-made touch of a special afternoon tea, with cucumber sandwiches, scones and jam, and of course, cake. You can either choose to make several batches of smaller cakes to give everyone plenty of choice, or create one large centrepiece cake that has the wow factor. If you really want to go the extra mile then why not to turn your living room into a hotel with cake stands, crisp table linen and tea from your best china teapot. For the perfect afternoon tea, I don’t think you can go wrong with these recipes for scones, Banana and Walnut loaf and my open-faced egg chive and spring onion sandwiches for something savoury.
For the chance to win the perfect Mother’s Day gift, a tea set for two worth over £80, share with us your family’s favourite cake recipe in the comments section below…
Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is for one winner, who will receive a Kastehelmi cake stand, a Dine teapot, two Dine teacups and saucers and two Dine side plates.
2. The Winner will be selected at random from the entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions by Tesco whose decision will be final.
3. There is no purchase necessary to enter.
4. The competition opens on 25th February and closes on the 18th March. Any entries received outside these specified dates will not be eligible for entry into the competition.
5. The competition is open to any UK residents except employees of Tesco or their families, or anyone professionally connected to the competition either themselves or through their families.
6. Only one entry per person allowed. Second or subsequent entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted via agents, third parties or in bulk.
7. Tesco is not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
8. Tesco reserves the right to alter the prizes or cancel the competition without notice. No cash alternatives to prizes will be provided.
9. The Winner will be published on the Tesco Books Blog within 10 working days of the closing date.
11. By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
12. This competition is being organised by Tesco.