Hello Tesco Book Blog readers,
I had a ball being a guest blogger on Tesco Books last year, and with the amazing support you gave me on my book, Over the Moon, I knew I had to come back in 2013 and give you something special!
When I was writing Over the Moon I had a lot of time to think on some of the best and most important parts of my life. There was this one name that kept cropping up, and that name was Jackie. Many of you who have been with me right from the start will remember all the work I did with Jackie Magazine. The photo shoots, the interviews, and the features were all so much fun, and it was such a special link to my fans.
So here’s a chance to win an original vintage issue of Jackie magazine with me as the cover star, which features in the book – I’ll even sign it for you!
All you need to do to enter the competition is answer a Jackie-style quiz, which I’m calling ‘Are You Crazy About David Essex?’. Post a comment below with a little something about yours truly, it can be anything from a funny story to something that makes me go ‘ah I’d forgotten about that, time does fly, doesn’t it!’
But that’s not all Tesco Book Blog readers. I also have some other exciting news…
If you get your paperback copy of Over the Moon instore at Tesco, you’ll receive a whole selection of photos not available anywhere else!
Good luck with the quiz and check back to find out if I pick yours as the winning answer – make sure you post your comments before the 15th March so you don’t miss out.
Buy Over the Moon in store now as part of the 2 for £7 paperback chart!
Terms and Conditions
1. By entering this competition, you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions. All entry instructions form part of the terms & conditions of this competition.
2. This competition is open to anyone aged 18 or over who is a resident of the UK or the Republic of Ireland, except for employees of Random House UK Ltd (promoter), its subsidiary companies, their families and any other company connected with the competition.
3. The closing date is midnight on the 15/03/2013. Entries that are illegible or received after the closing date will not be considered. The promoter is not responsible for entries delayed or lost in the post. Proof of postage is not proof of receipt.
4. There is one prize of a vintage copy of Jackie Magazine, signed by David Essex.
5. Events may occur which render the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the promoter and the promoter may, at its absolute discretion, vary, amend or suspend with or without notice.
6. The competition will be judged by the promoter within 7 working days of the closing date (i.e. by the 22/03/2013) and the winner will be notified by email within 14 working days of the closing date.
7. The promoter will use your personal information only for the purposes of this competition. Your personal details will not be kept on file by the promoter and will not be passed on to any third parties.
8. No purchase necessary to enter the competition.
9. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the competition.
10. These terms and conditions are subject to English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
11. The promoter’s contact details are: Random House, 20 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London, SW1V 2SA
12. To enter the competition, post a comment below this blog describing a memory or story about David Essex.