It’s all starting to heat up here on the Blog as on the May 14thone of the biggest books of the year, Inferno is being published in hardback. The novel by Dan Brown sees the return of the world’s most famous symbologist Robert Langdon and is set in the heart of Europe, where Langdon is drawn into a harrowing world centred around one of history’s most enduring and mysterious literary masterpieces.
Dan Brown, bestselling author of Digital Fortress, Deception Point, Angels and Demons, The Da Vinci Code and The Lost Symbol has managed to find the time in his very busy schedule to pop and see us here at Tesco. So we’re giving 2 lucky winners the chance to meet Dan when he’s here and as a memento of the occasion Dan will also give you a signed copy of Inferno and an Inferno goody bag containing his backlist titles.
To be in with a chance of winning this amazing prize, simply tell us which is your favourite Dan Brown novel and why, be as persuasive as you can using no more than 150 words.
We’re out to find Dan’s biggest fans and so want to see you give it your best shot…..good luck!
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. By entering this competition, you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions. All entry instructions form part of the terms & conditions of this competition.
2. This competition is open to anyone aged 18 or over who is a resident of the UK or the Republic of Ireland, except for employees of The Random House Group Limited (promoter), its subsidiary companies, their families and any other company connected with the competition.
3. The closing date is midnight on the 29/4/13. Entries that are illegible or received after the closing date will not be considered.
4. The prize is for two winners to meet the author Dan Brown with one guest each of their choosing on the 22nd May. The venue for this prize is Tesco Stores Limited, Cirrus Building C, Shire Park, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, AL7 1ZR. The prize includes travel by train (2x return tickets, standard class per winner from their most convenient address to Welwyn Garden City). A drink with Dan Brown, a signed copy of Inferno and an Inferno goody bag containing his backlist titles. The prize must be taken on the 22nd May 2013 between 10.00 am and 10.30 am. In the event that the Winner cannot make the selected date and time, no alternative will be provided and Tesco and The Random House Group Limited reserve the right to offer the prize to a substitute winner. No cash alternative will be offered and no substitute prize will be provided to the original winner.
5. Events may occur which render the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the promoter and the promoter may, at its absolute discretion, vary, amend or suspend with or without notice.
6. The competition will be judged by the promoter within 2 working days of the closing date (i.e. by the 2/5/13) and the winner will be notified by email within 3 working days of the closing date (i.e. by the 3/5/13).
7. The winner agrees to the promoter’s use of their name, town of residence and photograph in relation to the promoter’s publicity material.
8. The promoter will use your personal information only for the purposes of this competition. Your personal details will not be kept on file by the promoter and will not be passed on to any third parties.
9. The winner’s name will be available on the Tesco Book Blog within two weeks of the closing date.
10. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the competition.
11. These terms and conditions are subject to English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
12. The promoter’s contact details are: The Random House Group Limited, 20 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London SW1V