And one lucky winner will receive a limited edition signed copy of the sequel, DOCTOR SLEEP – out 24th September!
‘Every now and then somebody would ask, “Whatever happened to Danny from The Shining? . . .”’ - Entertainment Weekly, 2013
To celebrate the release of Stephen King’s new novel, DOCTOR SLEEP, we are giving away 100 copies of King’s classic novel, THE SHINING, where we first meet Danny Torrance.
Danny is only five years old, but in the words of old Mr Hallorann he is a ‘shiner’, aglow with psychic voltage. When his father becomes caretaker of the Overlook Hotel, Danny’s visions grow out of control.
As winter closes in and blizzards cut them off, the hotel seems to develop a life of its own. It is meant to be empty. So who is the lady in Room 217 and who are the masked guests going up and down in the elevator? And why do the hedges shaped like animals seem so alive?
Somewhere, somehow, there is an evil force in the hotel – and that, too, is beginning to shine . . .
The first 100 Tesco blog readers to sign up below will each receive a copy of THE SHINING.
If you are a lucky recipient and submit your review of the book to email@example.com you’ll also be entered into a prize draw to win a special, limited edition, signed copy of the new hardback, DOCTOR SLEEP, out on 24 September 2013.
And you can pick up a copy of THE SHINING, featuring an extract from DOCTOR SLEEP, in store from 29th August.
Terms & Conditions
1. This prize draw is for a copy of THE SHINING and subsequently for one person to win, DOCTOR SLEEP by Stephen King.
2. The Winners will be selected from the entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions by Tesco and Hodder & Stoughton , whose decision will be final.
3. The Winner may see their name posted on the Tesco website and possibly other websites and Twitter accounts.
4. There is no purchase necessary to enter.
5. The prize draw opens at 12noon BST on 19.08.13 and closes when 100 entries are received. Any entries received outside these specified times and dates will not be eligible for entry into the prize draw.
6. The prize draw is open to anyone aged 16 or over except employees of Tesco, Hodder & Stoughton, their families, or anyone professionally connected to the competition either themselves or through their families.
7. Only one entry per person allowed. Second or subsequent entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted via agents, third parties or in bulk.
8. Tesco and Hodder & Stoughton are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
9. Tesco reserves the right to alter the prizes or cancel the prize draw without notice. No cash alternatives to prizes will be provided.
11. By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
12. This competition is being organised by Hodder & Stoughton, 338 Euston Rd, London NW1 3BH