Hello Tesco Books Blog!
We are Tony Singh and Cyrus Todiwala, The Incredible Spice Men, and we’d like to introduce you to our brand new recipe book – zinging up British classics with a hint of spice!
For too long, our spices have sat unused and dusty in cupboard shelves, when just a mere sprinkling of cumin, a dash of turmeric or a handful of star anise has the power to turn our everyday food into an explosion of tastes and smells.
In our book, you’ll come on a journey with us adding our own spicy twist to the most classic and best-loved dishes. Try jazzing up a Sunday roast chicken with a honey and ginger, adding a cumin and coriander kick to a shepherd’s pie or lacing a Victoria sponge with aromatic fennel seeds and cardamom.
The Incredible Spice Men will demystify the contents of your spice rack, and open your everyday cooking up to a world of exciting new flavours. We’re on the telly too, come and find us cooking up a storm on BBC2!
We know you like a little spice in your lives at the Tesco Books Blog, so just for you we’re running a competition to let Tony lose in your kitchen and cook you a delicious meal!
But you have to tell us your kitchen secret, post below with your tip for spicing up a classic British dish. We can’t wait to rummage through them and pick a winner!
Cyrus and Tony
Terms and Conditions
1. By entering this competition, you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions. All entry instructions form part of the terms & conditions of this competition.
2. This competition is open to anyone aged 18 or over who is a resident of the UK or the Republic of Ireland, except for employees of Random House UK Ltd (promoter), its subsidiary companies, their families and any other company connected with the competition.
3. The closing date is midnight on the 20/09/2013. Entries that are illegible or received after the closing date will not be considered. The promoter is not responsible for entries delayed or lost in the post. Proof of postage is not proof of receipt.
4. There is one prize of Tony Singh cooking for winner at their home and a copy of The Incredible Spice Men.
13. The promoter will not be liable to you for any loss or damage (other than for death or personal injury caused by the promoter’s negligence and any other liability which it cannot exclude as a point of law) suffered by you in connection with this competition and/or the prize
5. Events may occur which render the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the promoter and the promoter may, at its absolute discretion, vary, amend or suspend with or without notice.
6. The competition will be judged by the promoter within 7 working days of the closing date (i.e. by the 27/09/2013) and the winner will be notified by email within 14 working days of the closing date (i.e. by the 14/10/2013).
7. The promoter will use your personal information only for the purposes of this competition. Your personal details will not be kept on file by the promoter and will not be passed on to any third parties.
8. No purchase necessary to enter the competition.
9. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the competition.
10. These terms and conditions are subject to English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
11. The promoter’s contact details are: Random House, 20 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London, SW1V 2SA
12. To enter the competition, post your answer to the following question in the comments below the blog: What British dish would you spice up and how?