Each weekend, over 3 million people sit down to enjoy BBC’s Saturday Kitchen’s unique mix of world-class chefs and mouth-watering dishes. Now you don’t have to wait for the weekend – you can enjoy it every day at home with the Saturday Kitchen Cooking Bible.
From stress-free 30-minute meals such as Bill Granger’s stir-fried chilli pork and satisfying weekend ideas James Martin’s sticky toffee apple pudding, to show-shopping dishes from Michelin-star greats like Tom Kerridge and Michel Roux, this is a stunning collection of 200 brand new recipes.
And we’ve got an exclusive recipe just for Tesco Books Blog readers! Angela Hartnett’s chicken with chorizo, peppers and sage makes a perfect relaxed weekend lunch. It can be served hot or warm – or is even great cold the next day!
What you’ll need: (Serves 4)
1 x large corn-fed chicken, jointed into 8 pieces
3 x tbsp olive oil
110g chorizo, peeled and sliced
3 x red peppers, cut into 2.5cm squares
2 x garlic cloves, crushed
1-2 tbsp chopped sage
2 tsp chopped thyme
1 x lemon, zest and juice
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to make it…
Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas 4.
Season the pieces of chicken with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan and brown the chicken on both sides for 4-5 minutes. When all the chicken pieces are golden, remove them from the pan and set aside.
Heat the remaining tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan and cook the chorizo for 2-3 minutes. Add the peppers, garlic, sage and thyme to the pan and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Tip the chorizo and peppers into a roasting tin and place the chicken pieces on top.
Sprinkle the lemon zest and juice from half a lemon over the chicken. Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes, turning the chicken pieces hallway through the cooking time
And there you have it, chicken with chorizo, peppers and sage, and it’ll go swimmingly with steamed vegetables!
Now, once you’ve tried and tested Angela’s delicious recipe, we’re giving you the chance to win a visit to Saturday Kitchen!
That’s right, one lucky winner will win a behind-the-scenes trip to experience all the fun elements of the show at the London TV studios where Saturday Kitchen Live is filmed. The Taste of Saturday Kitchen Experience, is brought to you by Cactus Kitchens, the home of Michel Roux Jr’s Cooking School. Sit back, watch and learn from one of the show’s inspirational star chefs as they cook up a delicious Saturday Kitchen inspired recipe for you to taste and enjoy. Then tour the TV studios where Saturday Kitchen Live and other cookery shows are filmed. Next enjoy a relaxed and informal wine tasting session before showing off your talents in the omelette challenge. At the end of the day, our winners will leave with a bottle of champagne and a signed copy of the Saturday Kitchen Cooking Bible.
So, for a chance to win, all you have to do is tell us in the comments section below:
Who is your favourite chef on Saturday Kitchen?
Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is for two winners to receive the first prize – which is a pair of tickets to the “Taste of Saturday Kitchen” experience on 23rd November, plus a bottle of champagne and a signed copy of Saturday Kitchen Cooking Bible.
2. The Winner will be selected at random in accordance with these terms and conditions by Tesco whose decision will be final.
3. The Winner may see their entry posted on the Tesco Books Blog and Twitter account.
4. There is no purchase necessary to enter.
5. The competition opens at 12pm Midday on Friday 27th September and closes at Friday 18th October at 11.59pm. Any entries received outside these specified times and dates will not be eligible for entry into the competition.
6. The competition is open to any UK residents aged 18 or over except employees of Tesco, their families, or anyone professionally connected to the competition either themselves or through their families.
7. Only one entry per person allowed. Second or subsequent entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted via agents, third parties or in bulk.
8. Tesco Books is not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
9. Tesco Books reserves the right to alter the prize or cancel the competition without notice. No cash alternatives to prizes will be provided.
10. The Winners will be published on the Tesco Books Blog within 15 working days of the closing date.
11. Entrants information will not be shared and will be deleted once a winner has been notified accordingly.
13. By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
14. This competition is being organised by the Orion Publishing Group.